- The Design of Creative Crowdwork – at the annual conference of the German Society for Desing Theory and Research (DGTF), Dessau, November 2016.
- From Tools for Empowerment to Platform Capitalism – talk/workshop at the Symposium and Hackathon Playing with the Future at Seoul National University, Korea, organized by the Goethe Institute, May 2016.
- Ausschuss Digitale Agenda des Bundestags – expert in a hearing of the German government on digital labour, Berlin, September 2015. (Statement & video)
- The Design of Creative Crowdwork – academic presentation at the conference Circuits of Struggle, University of Toronto, May 2015.
- Crowdwork – The Future of Design? – Presentation at the Digital Labor Conference in November 2014 at the New School in New York.
- Crowdsourcing Design: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly talk at re:publica about the ethics of crowd design, Berlin, May 2014, a recording is available on YouTube.
- Digital Training: from tailor-made to MOOC – panel discussion at the European Culture Forum, Venice, November 2013.
- The Feeling of Control – or – The Revolution Will Not Be 3D Printed: on the political implications of the maker culture, at the conference Die Politik der Maker by the German Society for Design Theory and Research (DGTF), Hamburg, November 2013. (Essay in German here)
- Talk on the Crowdsourcing of Design as part of the lecture series tell.net (audio recording available) on digital literacy (Digitale Lesekompetenz) at Stadtbibliothek Stuttgart, Max-Bense-Forum, November 2013.
- Why Crowdsoucing Needs Ethics – presentation of a paper at the International Worshop on Crowd Work and Human Computation (Crowd Work 2013) in Karlsruhe, September 2013.
- Ästhetik der Aneignung a workshop / public conversation together with Ruedi Bauer at Urbane Künste Ruhr Symposium My City in Essen, September 2013.
- Crowdsourcing Design: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly – talk at the European Media Art Festival EMAF, Osnabrück, April 2013.
- Copy Culture / Crowdsourcing Design – ethnographic workshop for designers at the ZHdK, Zurich University of the Arts, March 2013.
- The Outsourced/Outsourcing User (Part 2) – talk about crowdsourcing and panel discussion with artist collective IOCOSE and Olga Goriunova at transmediale 2013 BWPWAP.
Here is a video recording of my talk.
- For a Fistful of Dollars – presentation at the international research conference and PhD workshop BWPWAP, Leuphana University, Lüneburg, November 2012.
- Designer dürfen denken – panel discussion, bf-Preis in cooperation with IDZ Berlin at DMY Festival Berlin, June 2012.
- Du hast keine Chance: Nutze sie! – Saar School of Fine Arts (HBKsaar), Saarbrücken, November 2010.
- Open-Design – Utopia vs. Reality – at University of Applied Science (HTW), Dresden, October 2010.
- Crowdsourcing Design – Mediadesign-University (MDH) Berlin, June 2010.
- Design as Popular Sport – TYPO Berlin, international design conference, May 2010. Part of TYPO’s special program: Quo Vadis Design Profession (English), which I curated.
- Volkssport Design – Conference Keynote at the Museum for Communication, Berlin, October 2009.
- Die Stadt als Spiel – about the overlap of urban and virtual playing fields, Winterakademie, Theater an der Parkaue, Junges Staatstheater Berlin, November 2009.
- Web 2.0 Strategies and Business Models – guest lecture at Viadrina University, November 2009.
- Amateur Revolution – Federal Congress for University Communication, Hamburg, September 2009.
- Games as Design Tools – workshop at Bauhaus-University Weimar, August 2009.
- Digitaler Glanz – Analoges Elend – a public conversation with Guillaume Paoli at Centraltheater Leipzig, April 2009.
- Semantic Tectonics – guest lecture Mediadesign-University (MDH) Berlin, 2008.
- Kreative Existenzen – Symposium at Kunsthochschule Berlin Weißensee, 2008.
- Art in Second Life at X=10c Festival, Gent, Belgium, 2007.
- Creating Tools for Conviviality – FMX, international media conference, Stuttgart, 2007.
- Parallel Realities – Talk and Workshop at the ETH Zurich, Department for Architecture, 2007.